d'enouement

A blog by a SINGLE MUM for Single Mums and Panicking ladies who are pregnant and who do not know what to do.A series of articles, help contacts, personal experiences. Anyone with testimonials about single motherhood and their experiences are free to contribute. Email me at apollo.chocolate@gmail.com Nb: Blog newest entry on top, oldest entry at the end. Read in order to make sense =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

I am Christ redeemed & blessed many folds more than I have been tried. =) I am the head not the tail, above not beneath, blessed in the city and in the country, my bread kneading bowl and bread basket are blessed and anointed, i rest in the shadow of the most high! I claim the promises of blessings in Deut 28, Psalm 91 and Psalm 23 over my life. I claim the blessing of Jabez and the double blessing Elisha and Benjamin received in my life. AMEN!

Saturday, March 12, 2005

911 - the day I found out I was pregnant

I found out I was pregnant on the day of 911 itself.

Not being one to take note of my period days (girls you must must learn how to note that down),
I had a feeling one night that my period was late. A friend asked me if my breast felt different and I said well I had a bad and gut feeling that I might be pregnant. She advised me to go get a pregnancy test kit so I could be sure.

That morning, during my class, my lecturer happened to be telling us about how his lead actress was late for their shoot and upset everyone BUT when she came, they found out she had been through an abortion the night before.

Freaky coincidence?

I swear I was breaking out in cold sweat in my chair.

After school, I went to the Guardian Pharmacy behind my Ex's place to buy a pregnancy test kit. There was a bubble tea stall next to it so I thought I'd get us some of that. After I got it, I was looking at a Polaroid Camera at a photo shop within Guardian Pharmacy when the plastic bag burst and the 2 cups of bubble tea fell to the ground. One remained intact and the other burst open and the drink and bubbles were gushing out.

AGAIN it felt like premonition of bad things to come.

Didn't help that the sky started looking stormy and there were people burning Hell Notes and lighting joss sticks along the path I was on. There was ash flying about in the sky as the wind got stronger.

It was like I was in some movie and all these were those corny special effects to spell trouble. Kinda like the way a bad guy rolls into town and the storm clouds follow him.

(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home