d'enouement

A blog by a SINGLE MUM for Single Mums and Panicking ladies who are pregnant and who do not know what to do.A series of articles, help contacts, personal experiences. Anyone with testimonials about single motherhood and their experiences are free to contribute. Email me at apollo.chocolate@gmail.com Nb: Blog newest entry on top, oldest entry at the end. Read in order to make sense =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

I am Christ redeemed & blessed many folds more than I have been tried. =) I am the head not the tail, above not beneath, blessed in the city and in the country, my bread kneading bowl and bread basket are blessed and anointed, i rest in the shadow of the most high! I claim the promises of blessings in Deut 28, Psalm 91 and Psalm 23 over my life. I claim the blessing of Jabez and the double blessing Elisha and Benjamin received in my life. AMEN!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

911 - the day I found out I was pregnant (Part 3 of 5)

I guess I was still in shock so I called up some close friends of mine to confide in them. I was confused and my mind was in a whirl.

My guy friend suggested I aborted at Raffles Hospital coz it was a top class hospital BUT altho' I knew he meant well (coz abortion IS life threatening) I obviously didn't have such finances. Lots of his friends aborted their's there. Rich kids mostly. Sighs.

Then I called a girl friend of mine. She was really wonderful and truly empathised with me. She offered to come by to Raffles Hospital to meet me.

When we got there, she advised me to go KKH but as we were headed there, she kept asking me if I was sure this was what I wanted.

"I have no choice. My parents will kill me!"

I was like a horse with blinders on.

All I could see before me was the end of the world if I didn't abort before I started showing and do it discreetly. Esp coz my Dad was returning from his business travels.

I am really close to Dad and I didn't want him to find out I was pregnant. It would break his heart coz it also would mean that I'd betrayed his trust and love for me.

At KKH, the nurse there adviced me to go to the Polyclinic first.

"If you really want to do it, go polyclinic first is cheaper. But are you sure you want to do it girl?"

I guess in my mind I wanted to scream "NO I KNOW IT IS WRONG BUT DAMNIT I HAVE GOT NO CHOICE."

So we left KKH and headed for the nearest Polyclinic I knew at TPY.

When we got there, it was about to close but I begged the nurse to let me see the doctor. They gave in and I sat there totally lost in my emotions. My ex was worried too but I wondered if he understood the magnitude of what I was going through.

"We need to do a test to see if you are pregnant."

I rolled my eye balls.

"I just did a pregnancy test and it showed positive."

"I know but I need to do this for the record and to be sure."

My Ex brightened up.

"Maybe the test kit is faulty. Maybe you are not pregnant!"

"Itz a 99.9% accuracy test kit."

He hoped against all hope whilst I was the ever realist.

OF COZ IT SAID I WAS PREGNANT (but it cost cheaper to do the test at the polyclinic than with a home test kit)

So with the doctor's report that I was requesting for an abortion and the results, I rushed back to KKH but it was closing too.

The nurse apologised and told me to return the next day.

Before I left, she asked me again if I was sure.

The answer remained the same:

I wasn't but I still felt I had no other choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home